Just for fun - Applying a blueprint effect on some footage shot by Andy Dellios a few years ago while we were in Guadalupe. This effect allows further appreciation for a few features of the white shark:
1. The ampullae of Lorenzini can be clearly seen as dots around the snout.
2. The outline allows one to see that the white shark's eye is a detailed, three-dimensional orb that extends slightly beyond the skull, rather than being a sunken black hole like many believe it to be.
3. The multiple rows of teeth and the perfect triangular shape of the teeth are highlighted.
4. And of course, the fantastic manner that the sun plays on the sharks' skin. I can never get tired of that.
In the second part the educational text is added as we take a closer look at these blueprints.
The blueprint effect allows us to see some details of the white shark that are often overlooked.
1. Not only is the eye an orb that extends slightly beyond the socket holding it, but is complex, consisting of a cornea, iris, and pupil (not like a doll's eye). We can see the direction the shark is looking by observing the outline of the iris and where it is situated in relation to the cornea.
2. The ampullae of Lorenzini can be found in multiple locations along the face. These are not the sensory organs themselves but rather pores that lead to the "wonder nets" inside the shark, which detect minute electrical fields.
3. The multiple rows of teeth are shown in various states of rotation. One row is very far forward and ready to fall out, only to be replaced by the row waiting closely behind. Other rows are still folded back, not rotated far enough forward to be seen yet.
#shark #whiteshark #sharkskin #sharklight #whiteshark #greatwhiteshark #guadalupe #wsv #ampullaeoflorenzini #skylerthomas #whitesharkvideo #sharkeye #sharkorb #gopro #sharkteeth #sharkanatomy #anatomy